Thursday, August 19, 2010

NYC Trip August 2010






































































I recently had the chance to travel back home to NYC and let me say, it was a very fun and productive trip.

Friday, went and caught my dude Empanadamn of Buhbomp at White Rabbit. As always, he held it down on the 1's and 2's.

Saturday, had the chance to visit a non-profit that my father is involved with called The Garifuna Coalition. Also got to finally meet Teofilo Colon of Being Garifuna, which was very cool. SALUTE to all my Garifuna bredren making moves in NYC and worldwide. That evening, met up with some friends to catch Derrick Carter at Sullivan Room. This was my fourth time to see him and he did not disappoint.

Sunday, got to meet up with my man Chuck whom invited me to do a guest set at 10 Degrees in the Lower East Side. It was really nice to play an eclectic set and have the whole place jumping up and dancing on a Sunday evening. The hospitality from the bar staff (Jasper & Dora) was also top notch. Special shot out to mi primo Kyle, Miguel, PJ, and everyone else that came out and rocked with us.

The rest of the week was spent catching up with friends and fam. Had a mini UT Austin reunion with my peoples from Buhbomp on Wednesday at Saigon. Nothing like going to the Dominican barber for a $10.50 cut with a razor shape up included, $14 Surf 'n Turf (steak, shrimp, tostones, & salad), listening to salsa dura, reggae, top 40, and old school all on one radio station. As always, I LOVE NYC. It will always have a special place in my heart.

Bless!

AV

No comments:

Post a Comment